2007-07-21

My Current Top 30 Beers

Its not easy to create a top 30 list, but I like my lists, has always created them for all kind of different topics and purposes.

The list do not reflect what is seen as the best beer in the world, merely what I like to drink at the moment.

So I will try to update as soon as possible, when my taste changes (happens often). You can probably also see that I am currently into US-micros (and of course Swedish micros), so it does not say that they are any better than the european originals, but what the heck, it is my list, so I can do what ever I like, and you will never see Westvleteren on the number 1 spot.

TOP 30 BEERS LIST, ALL CATEGORIES, MEANING BEERS I LIKE TO DRINK, A BEER I WILL ORDER WHEN I SEE IT AND COULD CONSIDER DRINKING 2 OFF.

1. Närke Kaggen! Stormaktsporter
2. Russian River Pliny The Elder
3. Bell's Two Hearted Ale
4. Russian River Blind Pig IPA
5. Cantillon Kriek 100% Lambic
6. Stone IPA
7. Weyerbacher Hops Infusion
8. Drie Fonteinen Kriek
9. Bell's HopSlam
10. The Tap Leatherlips IPA
11. Green Flash Imperial India Pale Ale
12. Victory Storm King Stout
13. Weyerbacher Insanity
14. Pelican India Pelican Ale
15. Alpha King Pale Ale
16. Dogfish Head World Wide Stout
17. Slottskällans Imperial Stout
18. Dugges Avenyn Ale
19. Stone Double Bastard Ale
20. Left Hand Imperial Stout
21. Nøgne Ø India Pale Ale
22. Blue Point Hoptical Illusion
23. Dugges ½ Idjit! Porter
24. Drie Fonteinen Oude Gueuze
25. Cantillon Rosé De Gambrinus
26. Närke Örebro Bitter
27. Weyerbacher Double Simcoe IPA
28. Ocean India Pale Ale (cask)
29. Blue Point No Apologies Imperial IPA (cask)
30. Thirsty Dog Siberian Night Imperial Stout

3 comments:

Steve said...

nice list you have there. I am planning on doing one in the near future as well and there are definitely more than a few beers on there that will be overlapping your list. Good stuff.

Mattias said...

Good luck then Steve. I can simply say that it is not easy to create the list.

There are simply too much to choose from, and why a single beer should be on the list or not, is definately not a science, no mostly what you recently have tasted.

But at least I tried to figure out beers that I would come back to often and could consider drinking 2 of, through that many other great beers did not get a spot in the list.

Anonymous said...

Nice beer list, matey. I'm quite keen of the Russian River and Dogfish offerings as well.